NHUIS NH Claimant
- Register for online services with New Hampshire’s Unemployment Insurance System in order to file a claim for benefits
- Registration should only take a few minutes to complete BUT application for unemployment benefits takes approximately 25 minutes to complete
- Once the user has filed a UI claim they will receive a confirmation number (this number should be written down and kept in a safe place)
Once a users has registered for the NHUIS NH Claimant service they can file a new application for unemployment benefits (must be unemployed and a resident of New Hampshire), reopen an existing claim, file weekly continued claims against a claim (this option is only available for those who have already been approved for NHUIS NH Benefits), access and answer correspondence from the New Hampshire’s Unemployment Insurance department, file an appeal (this option is available when a claim is denied) and view various information about a NHUIS NH claim.
NHUIS NH Claimant Comments
- Does not charge any fees
- Applicants will have 24 hours to complete an
- Those who start a UI application but do not log back on within 24 hours will have the application will deleted
- While entering information and navigating through the application, do NOT use your web browser buttons, especially the BACK button as it will conflict with the NHUIS NH Claimant electronic application
- Residents can be partially or totally unemployed to file for New Hampshire’s Unemployment Insurance benefits
- New Hampshire’s Unemployment Insurance users who have received separation pay might want to wait before filing a UI claim
- Once a claim has been made the applicant will be contacted by US mail, email, or by phone with the results (the most likely option is a letter via US Mail)
Any questions about the NHUIS NH Claimant service can be directed to 1-800-266-2252 or applicants are more than welcome to drop by a NH Employment Security office between the hours of 8 am to 4:30 pm from Monday through Friday.